Tuesday, May 1, 2012

New Arrivals

After my bout of sale madness I haven't ordered any new books, which is a huge accomplishment for me. I did however receive some orders which I'd placed at the end of March.

Pre-Loved Books


These are all used books from my two favorite online shops, Awesomebooks and Betterworldbooks.

Science Fiction:
Empire of Light by Gary Gibson
Version 43 by Philip Palmer
The Way of Kings Part II by Brandon Sanderson

Galileo's Dream by Kim Stanley Robinson
Across Realtime by Vernorn Vinge
Mercury, Venus and Tales of the Grand Tour by Ben Bova
Fallen Dragon by Peter F. Hamilton
Ender in Exile by Orson Scott Card
Flood by Stephen Baxter

Fantasy:
The Children of Hurin by J.R.R Tolkien
Elves: Once Walked with Gods by James Barclay

Non-Fiction:
Roving Mars: Spirit, Opportunity, and the Exploration of the Red Planet by Steve Squyres
Deep Sky Objects by David H. Levy

Wait, there's more...


I also received my pre-order of the stunning omnibus edition of the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. This is a truly gorgeous book. The photo can't do it any justice at all. The cover is stunning with some amazing detail and it has some nice black embossing which doesn't show up in pictures. It also contains lots of extras including a map and 62 extra pages of bonus content. Well worth the money!

Lynsey Dalladay from Transworld Publishers was also kind enough to send me a copy of Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. I've been meaning to read this for ages, but I just haven't gotten round to it. Thanks Lynsey!

And even more!

I also won a competition hosted by Kelly over at It's a Book Thing. The prize was a bit of a mixed bag, but it did contain some gems. Sadly my camera's batteries decided this was the opportune moment to give up the ghost, so I'm only going to list them.

Medicus by Ruth Downie
A Devil is Waiting by Jack Higgens
Blood Games by Faye Kellerman

Thanks so much Kelly!

3 comments:

  1. oohh, that Brent Weeks omnibus looks beautiful! but holy cow, how many pages long is it?? the single books in the series aren't short!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's looks even better in real life! If you exclude the preview of 'The Black Prism' it clocks in at 1241 pages, which isn't that bad. It is quite hefty though...

      Delete